This video is an example of not-so-savvy alleged burglars for your entertainment. The video surveillance system shown was not installed by Electronic Installations, Inc.
Should Apartment Renters Consider Home Security? Absolutely.
When most people think of home security, they think of single-family dwellings. They opt out of security for their apartment for two widely held but false beliefs; first, that apartments are less prone to burglary or second, that because it is an apartment it someone how excludes them from the possibility of having a home security system. They are assumptions that intruders use to exploit their victims.
The truth is, apartments are 85% more likely to be burgled than a single family home according to the National Crime Prevention Council. And today’s sophisticated home security technologies are perfect for multi-unit dwellings. Here are just a few of the advantages of home security for apartment dwellers.
- Reduce the chances of crime. Home security serves as a huge deterrent and reduces the incidents of crimes like theft and intrusion.
- You can get help faster. Not all emergencies are apartment-wide emergencies or well set off building emergency alarms. If an emergency is isolated to your apartment, a monitored system can help facilitate an emergency response much more quickly.
- Bluetooth arming and disarming. You never need to worry about forgetting to arm or disarm your system. It does it all for you. Perfect for those days when your hands are full!
- It adds convenience. Being able to control your apartment’s lights, thermostat, and electronics from one device.
- You save energy. No need to waste energy when you have a connected apartment.
Electronic Installations can provide a simple, low-cost system for security and energy management that provides the same advantages as in single-family dwellings. Do you have existing alarm systems like DSC or GE? No problem! We can upgrade many of them to add cellular communication and home control to an existing system for a very affordable price with the addition of a (SEM) Security Enhancement Module.
Call us today to find out more! 1-763-425-8850